Friday, April 19, 2013

Introduction

Hi all! Kathryn Rutherford here. I've started this blog to look at and review books in the fantasy fiction genre. Traditional or indie, I don't care, as long as it's fantasy!
(NB: not paranormal or urban)

Since Goodreads was purchased by the corporate giant Amazon in March 2013, I wanted to post my reviews elsewhere. I love Goodreads, and I don't hate Amazon, but I just don't like the idea of them  trying to push a Kindle on me.

So I've made this blog to be my new review platform.

Writing a book is an enormous accomplishment, so I try to be positive. Even if I didn't enjoy the book overall, I'll try to point out the good points along with the bad.

I'll use the following rubric in lieu of a "star" system.

Reviews will be marked:
1. Outstanding - a top-tier book. I loved almost everything about it. Or, perhaps, I love it despite its flaws.
2. Great - a solid book and an enjoyable read.
3. Good - a solid book but something keeps it from being marked as "Great" in my list [usually for books with poor endings, and the difference between "Good" and "Great" can be slight.
4. So-so - I didn't enjoy the book, but there were parts or ideas that I liked.
5. Not for me - I didn't like the book. Perhaps I wasn't the target audience.

And a short one or two sentence "verdict" paragraph will follow to summarize why I felt that way, along with a plot synopsis in my own words and maybe my ramblings thoughts.

That's the plan, anyway. We'll see how it goes!

About me
I don't like to talk too much about myself. If you want to contact me, you can find me at:
Goodreads
LibraryThing
GooglePlus
BookLikes

Or comment anywhere on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment